Thursday, September 22, 2011

Simplicity



There's something incredibly attractive about simplicity.

Some people look so good even dressed in rags, so why can't I? I'll tell you why.
Individual perception has been altered so much by society and its influences. Media, traditions and expectations have moulded us to bear in mind the "reputation" we are expected to maintain. It's so tiring sometimes :(

I've always felt this incredible pressure to look good, for my family, for honey, for my friends, for everyone, to prove something unknown. Picking clothes carefully for half an hour to an hour every day before leaving the house is getting increasingly frustrating. I want the freedom to throw on a huge pullover sweater and shorts, and slip my feet into some sneakers and just go about my day. Comfort. If only I could just throw on my doctor's coat every day and not worry about little petty things like the way I look. It's just that... I'm not a doctor yet.

Is the problem really with me?
Maybe I make it my problem to look good for other people?
I'm tired of that.
No need for flashy clothes, no need for jewellery, no need for many bags to suit different outfits.

It's time for simplicity.

No comments: