Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday, 11th March 2011


Just had a nightmare but everyone's busy.

Honey isn't picking up his phone, Glenn's at work, Vanessa's at attachment, Sya's probably out having fun somewhere.

I'm all alone again.

Dreamt that I was in this hostel-like event where my whole choir was, and I wanted to take a shower. Suddenly this unknown creepy guy (whom, I think, looked a bit like Edgar Allan Poe) came into the bathroom and stood there, refusing to move. I begged Honey to ask him to leave so I could shower, but Honey ignored me and joined the rest of the choir in cheering for something outside the window. It may have been some sort of kite-flying event.

I was upset, and went around looking for another bathroom, only to be followed by the creepy guy, who planted himself at the other bathroom too. Exasperated, I gave up on the idea of showering and joined the others.

The next thing I knew, Honey grabbed me and ran. I asked him where we were going, and he said, "to the ocean," and continued running. He said that we were going to stay in the water for a while until the "whole thing blew over", whatever it was. He suddenly stopped to stab a man repeatedly on the sidewalk, and laughed while he pulled me along and continued running towards the ocean. We ran and ran, and I remember being stupefied that he stabbed a man, and when I asked him why, he said it was for fun.

We ran and ran until we reached the water, and I had a float around me. We bobbed up and down on the surface, waiting for the days to pass.

Strange that I had such a dream. I felt rather depressed after.


Anyway, out with Glenn yesterday, I made a spontaneous decision to buy a book by Edgar Allan Poe. It was rather cheaply priced at $4.80, so what the heck, I gave it a shot. It seemed interesting enough, titled "Spirits of the Dead: tales and poems". I did some research on the author himself, and he looked a bit pained in all of his portraits, although displaying a rather trademark smirk at every sitting.

I opened the book last night, and fell instantly in love. I don't know what it is about classic literature, but I enjoy every moment of it. This morning, after listening to the ringing-tone of Honey's phone for too long, I picked up the book again, and read a poem.
It spoke to me.

"I have been happy, tho' in a dream.
I have been happy- and I love the theme:
Dreams! in their vivid colouring of life,
As in that fleeting, shadowy, misty strife
Of semblance with reality, which brings
To the delirious eye, more lovely things
Of Paradise and love- and all our own!
Than young Hope in his sunniest hour hath known."

No comments: