Friday, March 04, 2011

Thursday, 3rd March 2011


My dear readers, I am back!

I've just been through a whole series of tests and exams, all strung together in a stressful lot! Basic Microbiology and Cell Biology went pretty well, but Maths and Immunology didn't go so well. I'm rather nervous about having to take the supplementary papers, but perhaps more for Immunology.

It was a bloody difficult paper.

I've been making the most of my time since my papers ended. I've written a story, met up with two friends and Honey, and slept for a long time! I also made a headband out of foam roses, and almost pricked myself to death because it was near 2 in the morning. Can't wait to start on my drawings again!

The past semester has been a rather enriching experience, actually. Apart from putting in consistent effort into my studies, I also got to take the cross-disciplinary subjects I wanted, and met some really nice people. French had very excited, happy girls, full of laughter and rainbows. Creative Writing yielded more quiet and creative types, which I found very interesting. It had always been rather awkward in comparison to French class.

I also got to know my wonderful French teacher, whose spirit I shall never forget. Her smile lit up the room just like her yellow jacket and her ladybug shoes. Her hair stuck out on end like it had never been combed, and it framed a face with pretty eyes. She's one of the more special people I'd ever met.

Her words to me were, "Are you ready, my butterfly?"

No comments: