Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Monday, June 13 2011



It's like the deadlines never end.

Just tonight, we were told we had to split into groups for an A Capella competition. Oh God, oh God. My heart got sliced into a million pieces as soon as they'd announced it.

I know it's "gonna be fun" and all that, but it means more deadlines to meet, more competing with other groups, having to work and get along with new people.
The New People.

So far, only a few of The New People have been rather friendly, one of whom I already know. I tried to get to know a few more, but they have proved to be incredibly cold. Maybe I'm being too sensitive, it's rather getting on my nerves.

Why do they do this?
Two weeks of what's supposed to be a holiday is now taken up by camps and more deadlines. Sometimes I wonder- since I'm being taught how the body works and how to keep it alive, surely it would make it a lot easier for me to do the opposite?

Obviously, a fork won't be enough.

The warmth I was greeted with on my first day at this choir is all gone now, the seniors are all busy or gone, so many good friends lost. I feel as if it's missing something, love in a sea of people, kindness in a favor.
The judging eyes glance when you walk into a room, the secret sneers and cruel smirks brand wherever they land, and it hurts, oh, it hurts so.

All the familiarity is gone.

No comments: