Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday, 12th June 2011



Not too long ago, I heard of a theory.

Everybody was so hyped up about smart phones, smart computers, smart tablets, smart refrigerators, smart everything. Everything was made "smart", but what kind of smart exactly?

Someone said to me, "It'd be pretty scary if one day these things get too smart."

I watched Transformers tonight, and truth be told, it was very, very exciting. I'm usually not into action films, but I'm all for Bumblebee. It just occurred to me that the reality of machines getting "too smart" for us is very real. Heck, people have already found ways to create robots with life-like personalities!

Anyway, just tonight I discovered that I'm developing some sort of immunity against sadness. Stupid petty things that usually made me cry now just strike me as, well, petty. I think I have "Biutiful" to thank.
Now, I'm not going to type a whole paragraph of "how this movie has changed my life", I'm just going to say that I'll never know when I'm about to die. What the hell, why put in time and effort being unhappy when I can enjoy every moment?

I don't believe that I need to be sad to feel real happiness. I've had my fair share of upsetting experiences, as some of my friends would know. I've shed too many tears for stupid little things, and now when something petty comes along, I just let it go.

It's getting easier and easier, just like everything else I've trained myself to deal with. Secrets lie in a box not even gamma rays can penetrate.

Stupid things?
They'll never touch me.

No comments: