Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday, July 22nd 2007

Honours Day was fun, too bad I was sick, or I would've really enjoyed it. It wasn't fantastic or anything, we only got to sing one song, which we've sung so many times before. I got a taste of conducting the choir during the rehersal the day before, it was fun.
Did I mention I'm down with flu? I also have a cough. My right lung itches, literally. It's internal so I can't scratch it! My throat also itches, but if I cough too much it might bleed. I've partially lost my voice, but it isn't so bad. My next performance is probably not for a long time, neither are any choir practices.

Not having to say very much is becoming a comfort. It hurts when I try to speak, but at least now I have some time to think of what I'm about to say before I do say it, which is good. Maybe I'll speak less after I fully recover and get my voice back. Now my system is all phlegmy.

Here's an essay I wrote not too long ago.
The topic was "Describe a world you would like to live in".

Would there ever be world peace? In the last fifteen years of my life, I have heard enough from people for me to know that they want world peace, but are doing nothing to try and reach that goal. We remain frozen at the stage where war is still breaking out. If I could choose, I would leave everything in this world just to live in another.

Imagine how carefree I would be in a world without sorrow! I would spend my days running on lush greenery, fishing in calm blue waters, the sunset bloodred as I prepared a fire to roast my dinner over. That fire would keep me warm and cosy even on the coldest nights, and seeing the flames dance would act like the counting of sheep before bedtime. I would then fall asleep in the warmth of the fire, knowing that as long as I felt warm, I was alive.

My idea world would have no predators. No big sly cats in the trees ready to pounce on me from above after sharpening their claws, ready to tear my limbs apart. No dangerous creature as petite as a spider would exist in my world. No illnesses or fear to make me anxious. I would go to the flower-speckled mountains and belt out my favorite song for the world to hear, but of course there would be only me.

Nobody likes to be alone. However, if one never knew what friends were, he would not know the terrible feeling of being alone. If I wanted my ideal world to be problem-free, I would have to be the only one there. Bringing one or two good friends would not mean that problems would not exist, for even the best of friends quarrel once in a while. If I never knew what friends were, I would come and go peacefully, having lived a very happy and peaceful life.

No comments: