Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday, 21st May 2010

Doing a quick blog post at the TP library now.
For some stupid reason I can't comprehend, my internet has been dead for the past week. It's incredibly frustrating, but luckily for me, every day has been pretty busy, some leaving barely enough time for me to get 6 hours of sleep before going through the routine again the next day.

Today, I had 3 quizzes- One for Inorganic Chemistry, two for Biomolecules, practical and theory. Ridiculous.
Our quizzes spanned two weeks- and when I came to school this morning, I felt totally drained. The thought of giving up tempted me, I felt so tired of life. I chose this path. It's going to get worse with time, why did I choose it?
I reasoned with myself that this is the path to my desired career, and then took out my notes to revise. What was I thinking? This life is hell! No, I won't give up. I musn't. I worked too hard for this and I'm jolly well going to get where I want.

Several years ago, I got an iPod mini for my birthday. It was there for me during the most difficult few years of my teenage life. Then, it started to die- the battery life got shorter and shorter until finally, after 18 hours of charging, it could only play for half an hour. I tried to get it fixed at the Apple store, but they refused, saying they offered no such service. Then, my sister, after getting her touch-screen phone, gave me her Creative 30 GB player, of which 27 GB was already used up. I didn't delete too much because it was mostly classical music, to which I listen while studying. Recently, however, it jammed at the welcome screen and wouldn't budge, even after I pressed the reset button. It is about 5 years old and looks pretty, uh, old, so I have finally decided to dig into my travel savings to buy an iPod classic.

I've been wanting one for some time now, and since I did well at my Grade 5 theory (which, by the way, I suffered a lot for), I have decided to buy one. It would cost me about $400, but it would last me for a couple of years at least. D keeps urging me to buy an iPhone instead, but no, honey :D I just don't see the appeal. Besides, I might become one of those totally-engrossed-in-iPhone people, and then what would happen?
Heh.

What does it take to keep a conversation flowing?
Is it imagination, is it insight, is it the ability to inject humour? I wonder, if two people have nothing in common, what have they to talk about? Do they argue instead? Debate?

I used to be so afraid of the phone.
I just didn't like the awkward silences. It's either that, or spending 18 years picking up my calls to shouting, ill-mannered people. I don't know. I guess over time it just made me scared of talking on the phone.

Oh, that reminds me, my phone is dying, too. The colours have been going off, sometimes the faint messages linger on the screen. I've used it for two years now and it still looks pretty good, but looks lie. I find getting a phone a hassle, my parents take forever to decide whether to allow me to get one or not. They mostly disagree with my tastes and suggest I get the ugliest things. Meh. I'm not asking them for permission in buying my iPod classic.

I'm past that.

No comments: