Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday, January 23rd 2010

I spent last night frantically going through every dictionary in the house.

I am horrified by the fact that there aren't many words that start with 'X'. It scares me that my initial has no roots, no links to the English language, yet it is what I speak. I went online and looked for words starting with 'X', and thank goodness, they had more than the dictionaries boasted. However, none of the definitions had any real meaning that could be applied to human life. The only plausible one was "xenomorphic". It means "of strange or no true form", but it isn't what I'm looking for. It's not deep enough.
This is incredibly depressing.

After that, I decided I wanted to learn another writing language. The easiest ones to learn are the ones that go by alphabet. I took out my book of codes and languages and flipped through to find a language I liked. I finally chose Enochian over Theban. The latter doesn't look as mystical as the other, and I really wanted to learn something with a beautiful script. It's going to take some time learning it, though. The language I created is relatively simple to learn when compared to Enochian, although I take comfort in knowing that only I know it. I've got to develop its script into something more beautiful than mechanical.

No comments: