Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday, January 31st 2010


Mom can be such a bitch at times. Thank goodness I'm going to Poly so I can drown myself in work and extra co-curricular activities. I've been spending too much time at home, and I need to get out and have a schedule to follow and subjects to study for. Staying at home is taking its toll on me, it's suffocating.
I honestly cannot wait to get back on the academic track. Studying has become somewhat a sort of comfort for me, I can get lost in it and be away from any sort of communication for hours on end. I'd have an excuse not to face the usual assholes.

Once I get my timetable and subject notes, I'm going to study like hell. School should be conducive enough for me, and I shall do over-nighters at Changi Airport and on weekends I can go to the library @ Esplanade to study. I shall study for 5-6 days a week and still manage to squeeze in Maths and Chemistry tuition and my choir CCA and my social life, and perhaps any other extra stuff (part-time job at school? volunteer work?).
I think 2-3 hours of studying per day should be enough, I can squeeze in some studying in-between classes/lectures. It'll give me sufficient time to revise what I've been taught so as to embed the information securely in my mind. It will be useful when it comes to tests and exams, because I won't have to struggle so hard then, I'll just do light revising to remind myself of the things I've learnt.

I've got to start at the beginning if I want to do well enough to enter a good University, and the Uni of Edinburgh is quite competitive. I've done my research: I have to sustain a GPA of 3.5-4.0, which means many many "A"s and the occasional "B+". It would be best if there were no "B"s, but I'll allow it in my first semester since I didn't take Chemistry in Sec school. After that, there shouldn't be any "B"s anymore, I really, really need to do well to go somewhere far away from here. Chances are, my parents won't have enough money to pay for my incredibly costly medical education, so I'll have to earn it myself, by doing well at school and earning a scholarship or something. I don't like the idea of taking up a loan, be it from banks or people we know. If I really want something, I'll just have to get it myself.

No comments: