Monday, February 01, 2010

Monday, February 1st 2010

A few days ago I remembered that V and I had discussed Mika. She bought his album a few months back and I was to borrow it later. Anyway, we thought Mika too colourful a character to be completely straight. Yesterday or so, I went to listen to some of his songs online, and they were pretty good. I like the strong lyrics and expression of freedom.
I went on Wikipedia to find out more, and apparently, a lot of people have wondered about his sexual orientation because of his "flamboyant stage persona". However, I came across a few things he said (and that were quoted later) that I want to share with you guys.

He said that "there is a way of discussing sexuality without using labels", "I've never labelled myself...You should be as free as you want."
Now that, I totally agree with. It's a kind of freedom most people deny themselves, they feel the need to categorise themselves as "straight" or "gay" or other things inbetween. I mean, if you love someone, you love someone. It doesn't matter if it's a "he" or "she" or even an "it".
Love should never be forbidden.

No comments: