Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday, February 18th 2010

Well, I had a pretty darn good day.

1) My rashes have gone down significantly, thanks to the wonderful Calamine Lotion. It works like magic!
2) I had a good voice lesson this morning. Worked on "Le Violette", and mostly technical details and lifting the tongue dorsum. Left feeling quite happy with myself, because for some strange reason, my cold from 2 days ago has completely disappeared and left my voice sounding really good. Crisp and clear.
3) Met up with Kat this afternoon, she had her fringe cut (although it doesn't look any different) and I bought a pair of Nike running shoes that cost a bomb. I've been considering buying new running shoes for 2 years now, and since I had $40 worth of vouchers, I finally decided to get a pair since my old pair's (3-years old) ankle support has collapsed. After that, we took the MRT down to Orchard, where we gaped at the many beautiful books at Kinokuniya and talked about Philosophy and literature. Man, I felt so small standing beside her, usually people I know haven't the faintest idea about poetry, philosophy, literature. Who am I kidding? They don't even read!
Yet, there she was, going on and on about philosophy and stuff. Mannnnn, but it was really fun talking to her. It's always great to converse at a higher level sometimes. I also bought THREE Oscar Wilde books!!!!! Very happy about that. It wasn't planned, but I decided to spoil myself since it was for "educational" reasons. One book's on his fairy tales, another's on his poetry, the last is on his 'wit and humour', full of quotes.

[Note to self: read up on philosophy and hurry up with Dorian Gray!]

No comments: