Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tuesday, February 16th 2010 (to 17th)


I feel like I'm dying.

I've come down with another rash, and it kept me from falling asleep, so here I am at 2.41am.
I thought it was due to some insect bites at first, because they look like mosquito bites, but my sis suggested it's a heat rash, which is another plausible explanation since I spent most of the 8-hour car journey sitting or lying at the back of the car. The rash is concentrated at major heat areas- back of the neck, back and front of torso and behind my knees at the bendy joint.

It would be easier for me to stay awake all through the night than try desperately to fall asleep. Calamine lotion didn't work very well, so going to see the doctor tomorrow morning. I actually scheduled a voice lesson at 10.30 tomorrow morning but have cancelled it due to this damned rash. I hope the teacher isn't pissed off. I had it all planned- to sneak out while Dad was out sending my sis to work, so I wouldn't have to argue with him about having a voice lesson. After my voice lesson I would go to Kinokuniya to look for more works by Oscar Wilde. Poetry? Plays? Autobiography, perhaps?

Sleep had been inconsistent over the past few nights in M'sia. Kept dreaming about receiving my enrolment package and starting school and buying my laptop. My sis just got an Apple Macbook as a gift, but don't feel that bad because I'll be getting my own gadgets. All in good time, my dear Xiulin. I wish I don't have to take the stupid music theory exam. I feel so unprepared for it, and it's a month away!
No, I'll get through it somehow. I've done so many things I never thought I could do, nothing is impossible anymore. I'll get at least a pass on the exam. I'll get through this rash, I'll get through my insomnia, I'll get through the challenges of poly and work to enter medical school. Somehow.

No comments: