Tuesday, February 16, 2010

12th February 2010 midnight


As the days pass, I find myself increasingly drawn to Oscar Wilde. I admire him for his courage, his proud and charming character. He faced up to what he was, who he was even when society was so unhappy, it deemed him guilty of a non-crime, and he did not flee the country even when they were hunting him down for incarceration.
He was confident, a wordy man with much to reason with. Although he couldn't convince society about free love, he didn't buckle under the pressure of being different. In short, he is absolutely awesome, and is quickly becoming one of my idols, my role-models. He's the perfect example.
I shall, in time, teach myself to speak and write like him. It's quite a pity he died more than a hundred years ago, but it's a beautiful thought to think that all the great people once inhabited the same Earth as I.

We share our home and when we die, we change it and leave a piece of us behind.

No comments: