Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday, February 26th 2010


I am quite pleased with my day.

I awoke at 9am today feeling really tired. It felt as if I hadn't enough sleep the night before, but had to get up anyway because I was due to meet Kat at City Hall at 11am. It takes about 45 mins to travel there by bus, and I wanted to because it was bloody hot this morning. I couldn't imagine having to tread in the infernal heat of the unrelentingly-scorching sun. Global warming is getting to be a serious threat.
Finally met Kat at City Hall, she wanted to have brunch at the "Pizza Place", but it seemed to be closed for the day, so we ended up at "Din Tai Fung" instead and ordered two large baskets of xiao long bao and a bowl of noodles. After lunch, we headed to Marina Square to settle her shoe-transfer, then to Esplanade library where we attempted (that's right -attempted) to study, Kat with her driving theory and I with my music theory. I managed a few sections of theory before we had to go meet Gervin, so it wasn't entirely wasted.
Went to the epi-centre at Suntec for Kat to enquire about her iTunes giftcard, but they don't sell it here in SG, so we took the MRT to Tanjong Pagar to sign ourselves up at the job agency "Kelly". I don't think they'd have jobs for us since we can only work a very short period of time. I'm just hoping for a temporary job to hold for a week or two so I can earn enough money to buy an iPod Classic. It's so simple: No job, no money, no iPod Classic. I hope the Nike event will occur at the right time. It was pure torture caressing the beautiful iPods at the epi-centre today.
Then, we took the train to 313 at Somerset where Gervin wanted to buy face-masks from a shop called "Nature Republic". They have pretty cool stuff there. We all ended up buying something there. Kat bought face masks and eye-bag masks, Gerv bought face masks and some collagen thingy for her mom, I bought a foot mask (which, by the way, works quite well. I used it just before I came online!). We also had some food at the food-level there, complete with candy-floss-flavoured-ice-cream. Meh, didn't impress me.
Went to HMV after that where I wanted to check out the soundtrack of "What a Girl Wants", which they didn't have. However, I walked into the classical section where I chanced upon the nice guy who works there. He only knows me because I've ordered so many Philippe Jaroussky CDs through him. Anyway, he was kind enough to tell me about the new CD that's going to be released in March this year, and showed me the webpage and CD info. I've posted the cover picture at the start of this post. It's called "Via Crucis" which translates to something like 'stations of the cross'.
I recognised some of the tracks on the list, but have never heard the polished, studio-recorded versions. The ones I've heard are beautiful. Again, we have works by composers like Monteverdi, Merula and Ferrari. We also have familiar-named tracks like "Ciaccona di Paradiso e dell'Inferno", although I'm not sure it's the exact one I've already heard. So, anyway, HMV nice guy is helping me to order a copy, but it's not till end-March. Excited, though! Always excited about getting more good music.

No comments: