Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Tuesday, February 9th 2010

DORIAN GRAY IS GETTING MARRIED!!!

Or so I've read. I didn't get a chance to get any further than the part where he sent a telegram bearing the news that he was going to get married. Damn. I really should hurry up and read the whole story. It's just so difficult to stay on track, you know? It's nothing like what you read by modern authors.

Met up with my old pal Brendy yesterday. We used to be labelled the "partners-in-crime", we stuck together at school and at CCA and after school, kind of grew up together but we went to different Secondary schools. We hung out a bit in Sec 1 but that was it, so yesterday's meeting was the first in 5 or 6 years.
It was great. We hung out and just talked, and then had a dinner of finger-food (Old Chang Kee...) and ended up sky-gazing at the big car-park near my home. Took a couple of photos before my camera died, too. Damn, I wish I had recharged the battery and not taken those lousy two bars for granted. It felt really good to see her again, even though I know we'll never be as close as we once were, again. Well, we're meeting up again in March after my theory exam, so all looks well.

Naz is coming over in about 20 minutes to see my notice-boards. Actually, I'm making her. Ha, ha. I just want her to know that as long as she wants something, she can conquer anything in the way. She's a sweet kid, she doesn't see how talented she is.
How do you tell someone that?

Going to see "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus" this morning, I'm pumped on upbeat music like "Walking on Sunshine" and dancing around the house like a crazy person since nobody's home. Plus, I haven't been able to get a wink of sleep for the past 3 nights so I have this unrelenting dull headache and my expression is a bit stoned. However, I've been out of bed since 7am this morning in the hope of escaping the excruciating torment of my sleeplessness.
Talk about sleeplessness giving you the power of comprehensive vocabulary!

No comments: