Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday, January 20th 2010


I'm in desperate need of Jaroussky Therapy. What I want is my new CD (which still hasn't arrived yet) and a glass of wine, but since I have this awful throat and I don't have the CD, I'll have to make do with what I already have, and not drink alcohol.
I wonder if alcohol is good for sore throats? It does act as a bacteria-killing liquid, but I wonder if it will worsen a sore throat?

I've just returned from my audition at Temasek Poly. It went generally well, I suppose. My "Voi che Sapete" was okay but wasn't impressive, because I only got to sing a little bit of it before the audition came to a close, so I got nowhere near the impressive middle. Other than that, the aural pitching and rhythm exercises were good, or so I was told. The conductor was friendly, so the whole ordeal wasn't too scary. Altogether, there were 4 people in the audition room; the conductor, the conductor's "friend", the choir teacher, and I.
Two other kids went for the audition as well, and they weren't bad at all. In fact, I hope I get into the course I want through choir, I hope the choir wants me. I lost a whole night of sleep yesterday because the damned song kept playing and re-playing in my head, and I was so afraid of waking up with a sore throat, so I couldn't sleep at all. Perhaps I subconsciously didn't want to fall asleep because sore throats usually appear overnight, and I've been practising too much (yes, whoever says that practice is never too much should go to hell) and my voice is going, going, gone! Luckily it survived through the audition. Now that I'm home, I'm feeding my poor throat cherry Cepacol lozenges, and drinking a lot of water. It even hurts to talk, so I'm keeping quiet for a few days.
The choir teacher seemed happy enough, so I think I probably will get in, but I won't pin my hopes too high yet. Better wait and see. The other kids in the holding room told me that if I get in, they'll slice off 5 points from my original aggregate! If that's the case, I can get into Biomedical Science! Only bad thing is that Tampines is so far from home, but if I get to study what I like, who cares, right?

..Right?

No comments: