Saturday, July 24, 2010

Friday, 23rd July 2010


Fate is most cruel to lovers; they never have enough time.

Society opposes them, age threatens them, time is selfish towards them. Curiosity, lack of balance, insecurity, heartbreak. Wisdom feeds their hungry souls, coupled with humour and understanding. Years go by and bones begin to creak, walking sticks emerge and dentures made. Yet, the test of time never changes.

"If all of society treats you differently, at least you'll still have him."

---------------

Dad shot me a few lines of poison early this morning, "You don't respect me, nevermind ah, I also won't keep my word, I tell you. You better come home before 12. Next time you support yourself, I'm not going to support you."

Strange how everytime he says something like that, I have less and less respect for him. At the moment, respect on the respect-meter is at around -23. Respect has to be earned, and nothing has been done to earn it. No manners, no basic courtesy, no kind words, no kind deeds.
And, when has he ever kept his word?

No comments: