Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday, July 15th 2010


One thing I really love in the morning is my beloved iPod plugged into my ears.

My ears would then soak up the beautiful, happy melodies of Mozart, like they did this morning. It's simply delightful, I tell you. I don't know how many times I've wished I were alive 300 years ago.
"Le Nozze di Figaro" is playing as I type, I have this strong urge to learn the Zaide aria "Ruhe Sanft". I always get the urge to learn new music when my exams are round the corner, both academic and vocal. I guess it's a form of procrastination for me.
Or an escape.

It's freezing here in TP library. I can't fathom why they have to make it so darn cold. Is it so that our fingers will freeze and we can't type at the computers, thus forcing us to study instead? Even my bottled water has turned cold. Now a whole crowd of students or tourists have entered the library and are clicking their cameras in my direction. (My God, why didn't I dress nicer today?!)

Thank God for the 1-month break before the major exams. I'd die if there were just a week before that. I need, need to drill and set everything into my brain before I sit for the papers, or I can jolly well say goodbye to any future in the medical field. Everyone around me seems so smart and yet, I know that some people just study harder. What scares me is that the people in my course love to study. They actually do it on a daily basis, spending all their free time studying. It's their comfort, their escape, whereas mine are art and music.
Am I different?

I kind of like studying, too, especially when I finally discover how to solve a problem or do a question, but not to the extent of preferring study to sleep. I don't get sufficient sleep as it is.

My rashes are finally clearing up, although still sensitive. I'd been down with a terrible sore throat, followed by a bout of rashes over the past week or so. The constant headache is a given, considering how I don't get enough sleep every day. Finally felt so terrible that I went to a doctor to get it checked up and took an MC on Monday. Spent the day sleeping.

I wish I could take a week off to do all the things I've wanted to do for months but haven't had time for, like painting, drawing, scrapbooking, looking for a new blogskin, designing T-shirts, learning new music, playing instruments, cooking and writing.
Now, I have an average of 3 tests per week, all of them counted in the GPA. New pieces keep coming at choir, and I have to learn them all. Lecture notes keep piling up, assignments thrown unmercifully in my direction.

I feel myself crumbling under the pressure and yet, ironically, this is the life I chose, the one I wanted. Was I delusional? Everyone expects the best of me, each one wants all of my time.

Love keeps me happy, music keeps me sane.

No comments: