Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Monday, 5th July 2010


How can I not be thankful?

I have so many people who care, my own birthday cake, gifts, countless birthday songs and wishes.
I am blessed, blessed, blessed.

The birthday songs were sung both solo and chorus, the gifts were given in the form of pyjamas to bedroom slippers and junk food. I also received shopping vouchers and money which, I assure you, will come in handy.

No gifts, wishes or courtesy from parents, but suddenly it doesn't matter to me so much anymore. I've spent too many years hoping and waiting for them to say something nice and frankly, I've given up. I'm so thankful I spent the whole of 5th July out at school, far away from them.

My careperson actually didn't want me to go for choir practices temporarily until the sem exams are over, because of my horrible term test results, she wrote to my choir teacher and everything. For a week, I was worried, because I want to go for choir. I love choir. Plus, we have concerts to do! Today, I mustered up enough courage to fight for my case, respectfully but firmly, and won. She says if I want to go for choir, she fully supports my decision, but hopes I will learn to manage my time better so my results won't be so terrible next time.

I'm seeing my CM tomorrow, and shall wear my painted long sleeved shirt with the Oscar Wilde quote, "Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Lastly, a big "Thank You" to all my friends and loved ones for making me feel so special on this day. I like all the songs, presents and wishes you gave me, the compliments you filled my head with, the jokes you made with me today. I am thankful, I am thankful.

Special thanks to Mr. Beautiful- You make me happy just by being here. :)

No comments: