Saturday, March 06, 2010

Saturday, March 6th 2010



This video of Thomas Hampson singing "Largo al Factotum" is by far the funniest I've seen. The person who did the lyrics is hilarious! I did like it, however, because Thomas Hampson is really expressive in his interpretation. It took me a while to find a good version, but alas, I still couldn't find one without the talking and clapping at the beginning. This guy has stamina, man. A lot of other baritones just couldn't make it.

Uploaded a new playlist on my blog. Do ignore the talking and clapping before the first song, it annoys me, too. Couldn't think of many songs off the top of my head, so just put in those few for now.

Anyway, things have been a little weird lately. V's being quite anti-social towards me. She returns my messages with dead replies, though I try my best to sound upbeat. I can't recall if she's always been like this and I'm just being paranoid, or if I'm getting boring or something.
It is a little upsetting, I wonder if this is what people mean by "drifting apart", but too many things on my mind now, so I'm trying to block it out. My theory exam is in a week, and I've just been asked to join my new choir for practices every Mon and Tues evening, and maybe even sing at the concert on 26th March. Plus, Gervin wants to look for a job with me after my theory exam, and Dad's scolding me about not studying Chemistry. School hasn't even started yet!

My God, how I wish I could just hop on a plane to Venice or Lake Annecy without feeling any guilt and escape from all these things and people. Dare I?
No, I don't.

No comments: