Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday, March 10th 2010

Well, I learnt a lot yesterday.

Yesterday, Darius formally introduced me to the choir and asked me questions, in front of everyone, like "What do you hope to achieve in this choir?" and "What do you want to see in this choir?". I wanted to say I hope it would go in for competitions but it seems really unlikely. This is clearly not a competition choir. It's more relaxed, more fun. People actually enjoy the practices, and I can see it on their faces when they sing. It's just so different from what I used to know.
I also commented on the discipline level. I was worried about sounding stuck-up or something, since I was the new kid after all, but I hope they didn't take it the wrong way. Sometimes when I look at Darius I can tell he's struggling with the discipline, people strolling in an hour late without bothering to apologise or explain. The good kids generally are just that: good. It's also really nice how we all go out in a big group to have dinner afterwards, which is easy seeing as everyone is pretty friendly to one another.
Yesterday, I also played 'Pool' for the first time.
Whoever named it that must've had a very good reason. Who would've thought 'Pool' could be so damn difficult?! Struggled like heck with the stupid stick, but thanks to David and Javier, I guess I managed to hit something every once in a while. However, it's no lie when I say that my 'Pool' skills still suck.
Couldn't finish my dinner again. Why is it everyone eats so quickly?! What are they rushing for? I'm chewing at normal speed, what!
Tsk. Better just order a drink next time.

No comments: